Friday, May 25, 2007

Portis defends dog fighting

Redskins star running back Clinton Portis has come to the defense of Michael Vick saying that even if Vick was involved in dog fighting that he shouldn’t be punished. "I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog. If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.” When told that dog fighting is a felony, Portis replied, “It can't be too bad of a crime. I know a lot of back roads [in Mississippi] that have the dog fighting if you want to go see it.”

So basically we can assume from this that Clinton Portis is a big dog fighting fan. And from what people are saying, dog fighting is quite prevalent amongst NFL and NBA players. I honestly don’t get it though, cause if I earned that kind of bank I’d be involved in jungle cats. What better way to settle that age-old debate of who’s the king of the jungle by having lions square off against cheetahs, jaguars, and tigers. Although I’m not sure we'd really learn anything as the Bengal Tiger would just end-up dropping the lion with his glock.

No comments: